1. Rear Admiral Javaid Iqbal SI(M) joined Pakistan Navy in January 1988 and got commission in Operations Branch in July 1990. During training, he earned CJCSC Gold Medal, PNA Dirk, Quaid-e-Azam Gold Medal and CNS Gold Medal.
2. In recognition of his meritorious service, the Admiral was awarded Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military) by the Government of Pakistan.
3. The Flag Officer has done Torpedo & Anti-Submarine course and Advance EW course from PNS BAHADUR. He is a graduate of PN War College Lahore, US Naval War College and National Defence University, Islamabad.
4. He has commanded 9th Auxiliary & Mine Warfare Squadron, PNS MEHRAN and 111 ASW/ASV Squadron of Sea King helicopters.
5. He served on various staff and instructional appointments, salient amongst which are Naval Secretary, Principal Secretary to Chief of the Naval Staff, Assistant Chief of the Naval Staff (Plans), Director Naval Operational Plans and Naval Adviser, Pakistan high Commission New Delhi.
6. In recognition of his meritorious service, the Admiral was awarded Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military) by the Government of Pakistan.
7. Presently, he is serving as Director General Defence Purchase in Ministry of Defence Production. Rawalpindi.